OHM ANNOUNCES DEBUT OF NEXT GENERATION ELECTRIC BICYCLES
Vancouver, BC – Mar 02, 2019 – OHM Electric Bikes, a Canadian pioneer in the electric bike industry, today revealed their next generation of completely redesigned electric bicycles at the BC Bike Show in Vancouver, BC.
With over 14 years of development experience, OHM knows what it takes to produce great electric bikes. These new models extend this knowledge and embrace the promise of what is to come in the e-biking industry.
What’s “Next Generation”?
The innovations centre around OHM’s switch to the intuitive Shimano STePS centre drive motor system. This high-end system boasts a fully integrated higher capacity battery and integrated lightweight motor, rewarding riders with better handling and a much longer range. An even sleeker, more compact e-bike design incorporates the latest technology and a higher level of connectivity. Above all, the newest OHM Electric Bikes promise an all-new experience in an exhilarating, yet effortless, ride.
“The OHM 2020 models are our most impressive futuristic designs yet,” notes Michael DeVisser, President and CEO of OHM Cycles. “We’re thrilled to be announcing these innovations across our entire product range. Not only are we producing our ‘next generation’ of e-bikes, but also we’re building the next generation of riders.”
The OHM 2020 models - Cruise, Quest, and Discover - are designed to appeal to the full range of cyclists from the rookie to the expert. The Cruise’s easy-to-use design makes the experience for new riders simpler than ever, while the Quest bikes deliver a more thrilling ride for seasoned commuters.
“Our goal is to be all-inclusive,” said Michael. “By building bikes that consider all ages and types of riders, from working professionals and urban commuters to recreational cyclists and thrill seekers, we hope to help more riders to experience the revolutionary shifts in e-bike design and discover what OHM bikes have to offer. Our vision is to foster that incredible feeling of freedom that an e-bike provides—as well as the feeling of being re-energized by riding an OHM Electric Bike.”
The OHM Legacy Series
Three models represent the Legacy Series for 2020. These e-bikes deliver exceptional performance with electrifying acceleration and agile handling. The extensive list of included superior components and accessories also introduces a full suite of smartphone apps for a more connected experience.
Built for versatility, OHM Legacy Series electric bikes are the perfect combination of power, performance and technology.
- Amazing hill climbing - The instant torque provided by Shimano STePS electric powertrain can produce 100 percent of its rated torque the instant rider begins pedaling.
- Pedal-and-go ease of use - Fully customizable, nearly silent support that’s smooth and easy to operate.
- E-Tube Project - Allows you to update your bicycle's firmware and change Di2 settings when connected to a PC, tablet, or smartphone. Personalize your support settings by choosing Dynamic, Explorer or Custom Mode to perfectly match your riding style and intended terrain.
- E-Tube Ride - Easily turns your smartphone into a Shimano STePS cycling display and beautifully visualizes your favorite real-time riding data.
- Handling and control - The frame is designed to deliver agile handling for confident control on urban streets and a thrilling ride on curving backroads. The Shimano STePS powertrain offers low center of gravity and helps the bicycle handle well at all speeds and make it easier to balance when stopped.
- Integrated Racktime™ carrier and mudguards – Joined to the frame to carry heavier loads and add 20% more lateral stability.
- Overall lighter weight - 22.2 kg (49 lb)
Cruise, Quest and Discover are now available for pre-order at ohmcycles.com/pages/legacy-pre-order/ with deliveries expected in summer 2019.
For more information on OHM’s all-new electric bikes, as well as news about upcoming bike models, visit ohmcycles.com or OHM on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
About OHM Cycles
OHM Cycles Canada Ltd. is a premium electric bike manufacturer based in Vancouver, BC, Canada. A leader in high performance electric bikes for commuters and recreational cyclists. OHM Cycles proudly supports going green with electric bikes – an eco-friendly solution to the world’s transportation and environmental changes.